Monday, June 21, 2010

FASHION - MY MILAN UP TO DATE

I've always had this love and passion for mens wear, although I am fully content with being a female and I love womans wear, menswears is playful, different and fun to style. I've been following Milan, and I've come up with a few of my disappointments, anticipations and surprises.

PRADA MENS S/S 2011
As excited as I was for Prada's collection to be revealed, when I watched and then later critiqued courtesy of Style.com, I wasn't as impressed as I thought I would have been. Lots of navy, light blue and neutrals, which I'm always a fan of for the spring. Their suits, which to me are always done to a T were of course perfected, however some of their other pieces, like the baggy short, just didn't do it for me.


ALEXANDER MCQUEEN MENS S/S 2011
Seeing something I never thought possible actually happen was the most amazing feeling for me. After learning about McQueens death back in February 2010, I was left devastated and worried that my favorite designer/design house would be no more. I knew no one could work that runway like the late McQueen himself, but I also knew that his spirit and love of fashion was too strong to let die. And I was right, when Sarah Burton was appointed creative director for the Label. While going through the lookbook, I could feel the McQueen image, yet something new and exciting was happening before my eyes. I believe Style.com said it best:
"The truest reflection of the McQueen heritage was the sense of a story being told: Burtons interplay between aristo and working-glass rough was the lastest chapter in a book started nearly two decade ago."
And after reading their review, the collection had made that much more sense to me. All I know after seeing the pieces, is that I cannot wait until I find me a perfect man to display McQueens talent for me :) - and by that I mean a boyfriend who I can dress in McQueen daily.
My McQueen Favorites


MISSONI MENS S/S 2011
I do no have words for this collection what so ever. Missoni definitively perfected the cardigan, sweater vest and blazer this time around, and I am in love. I think this has to be my favorite mens collection for spring 2011. I fell in love with nearly everything they had to offer for their lookbook.

elle simone xox

No comments:

Post a Comment

top