Tuesday, June 8, 2010

MUSIC - ALEJANDRO PREMIER!

I don't think anyone is as excited as I am to see the new Gaga video for Alejandro. After watching the teaser, I was pumped to see what my favorite artist of the 2000's would come up with. Sure enough it was everything I expected, and then some. The only complaint I have on the video, is the creepy face at the end of the video. The more videos Gaga puts out, the more the conspiracy around the "illuminati" controlling the music industry seems realistic. Regardless, I love the video, love the song, and love Gaga.



So Gaga has been accused of ripping off Madonna, I can see the influence but really who hasn't Madonna influenced? That's like in 20 years from now, we're going to have someone who will be greatly influenced by Lady Gaga yet accused of ripping her off.

But to be fair, I will admit, that Gaga's makeup and hair resemble something Madonna would pull of in her time. The choreography does resemble Madonna's "Express Yourself", the sexual scenes might be a mirror image of the "Justify My Love" video and the song itself does have a "La Isla Bonita" feel to it. However, there are many things that are not similar, for example, Gaga's video is a celebration of the gay community and her love and admiration for them, the video was inspired by the director Steve Klein's September 2009 W Magazine shoot he did with Lara Stone.


Here are some pictures from Steven Klein's "The Academy" September 2009 W Magazine shoot:


Here are the Madonna videos for you to compare:

Express Yourself


Justify My Love


La Isla Bonita

No comments:

Post a Comment

top